Friday, July 31, 2026

visiting santa's village theme park.

There is nothing better than a Christmas inspired theme park for the holiday obsessed. For many years, I have wanted to re-visit Santa's Village, a theme park that I visited once as a child. During the recent cottage getaway, my husband, brother, and I drove the extra hour and a half out to the Christmas wonderland. Here are some of the highlights of that experience. 

Since I hadn't been to Santa's Village in at least two decades, there was some uncertainty about what to expect. There wasn't much that I could recall about the theme park visit from my younger years, except for a rollercoaster ride on the Rudolph Coaster. (The ride apparently closed down last year, so I was unable to relive that particular memory.) The website had information about the different offerings, so I did my best to mentally prepare ahead of time, but there was so much more than anticipated. The theme park had a meet and greet with Santa, a bakery, lots of rides, photo opportunities, a train, petting zoo, hiking areas, and more. There was even an Elf School, but unfortunately, we ran out of time to attend. Each time we passed by the area, we seemed to have missed the scheduled start time by a minute or two. I suppose it wasn't meant to be! 

The theme park was so thoughtful. All of the buildings and rides were Christmas themed and it was clear that a lot of love and attention to detail went into everything. Initially, I assumed that we would be there for a couple of hours, but we were essentially there for the full day of operations. There were lots of cute places to eat and there were fun activities as well. I did the Muskoka Mining Sluice where you mine for gold. I ended up with a little bag of crystals, including a shiny piece of pyrite, aka Fool's Gold. We also went on the newest rollercoaster, Yeti Track, a few times, which was a really fun rollercoaster that offered incredible scenic views. Another highlight was the Moose on the Loose ride. It involved riding on the back of a moose or bear on a track, looking at cute figures, and listening to silly puns. My inner child was so delighted that I rode it twice.

The high point of the day was meeting Santa Claus, of course. Though it was possible to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Santa's House section of the theme park, Santa would also walk around at certain times in his ultra stylish summer outfit. We happened to run into him and I was thrilled. Being at Santa's Village truly made me feel like a kid again. It was so fun to be immersed in all of that magic and wonder. Before we left for the day, there was a gingerbread Beavertail enjoyed followed by a trip to the gift shop. I purchased a red hoodie with the Santa's Village logo printed on the front. There is no doubt this sweatshirt will be worn throughout the holiday season - and beyond. All in all, it was a wonderful day at the Santa's Village theme park. I only wish this theme park was located a whole lot closer, because I would love to visit each summer. 

This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.

Do you like to visit theme parks during the summer months? Have you ever been to a Christmas inspired theme park before? 

1 comment:

  1. Boa noite minha querida amiga Shannon. Você ficou muito bonita, na fotografia. Uma excelente noite de sexta-feira e um excelente mês de agosto.

    ReplyDelete