Every now and then, it is nice to use something a little bit different. When it comes to mascara, the darkest black possible is normally my must have. I love the contrast between that an ultra dark mascara and a colourful assortment of eyeshadows. This time around, I decided to use the "brownish black" version of the Colossal Bubble Mascara from Maybelline, which allowed me to step ever so slightly out of my comfort zone. The brownish black colour also seemed like it would pair well with some of the warmer fall makeup looks on the horizon. Curious about this
drugstore mascara? Keep reading for a full review.
There are a few different colour options available for the
Colossal Bubble Mascara, including copper brown, blackest black, brownish black, and very black. The copper brown option definitely sounds intriguing, but it is the brownish black that I chose. According to the brand, this is a buildable volumizing mascara that offers lots of lash separation. It also has a spiral shaped brush that is intended to separate each lash. The packaging states that the mascara is "made to bubble up every lash."
When it comes to the overall design, the Colossal Bubble Mascara is excellent. It has a chunky yellow tub with shiny rose gold lettering. This is definitely aesthetically pleasing. I also like that the mascara cap clicks into place, which ensures that the mascara will not dry out accidentally. The mascara wand is also thoughtfully designed and does an excellent job at separating the lashes. The brownish black colour is a lot more black than brown, so this wasn't as much of a departure as I originally anticipated, but it looks nice all the same. This mascara definitely lives up to the brand claims. It is really easy to build, making it possible to create a more subtle or dramatic lash look. This mascara also excels at separating the lashes. It does not clump at all. This also adds a lot of length to the lashes. I really enjoy this mascara! Unfortunately, even drugstore mascaras are wildly expensive these days, at around $22 CDN. As much as I like the Colossal Bubble Mascara from Maybelline, the
Lash Without Limits Mascara from Essence costs $6 CDN. While this Maybelline mascara was a fun splurge, it is not likely to be my go-to.
This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.
What mascara have you been using lately? Have you tried the Colossal Bubble Mascara from Maybelline?
I love that mascara too! :D
ReplyDeleteMaybelline became one of my fav low cost brand lately, has a lot of very good products!
XO
S
https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com
They definitely have a lot of standout products!
DeleteI keep on looking for the perfect mascara, so this one's definitely one to try. Loving the sound of the copper brown! xxx
ReplyDeleteRight? It sounds like a really great mascara colour.
DeleteBoa noite minha querida amiga Shannon. O Parque Estadual dos três picos é maravilhoso. Foi ótimo, ficar no meio da natureza. Tenho certeza, que esse rímel, seria um sucesso total, com mulheres brasileiras. Uma excelente noite de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I hope you are doing well <3
Delete
ReplyDeleteThis mascara sounds really good. I’d buy the black one to try out.
It is a really nice one!
DeleteTwenty-two dollars for a drugstore mascara is getting completely out of hand, especially when Essence consistently delivers amazing volume for a fraction of the cost. That click-cap feature is such a relief though, because nothing hurts more than finding a great product totally dried out in your makeup bag. I always hope brownish-black shades will lean a bit softer, but at least this formula gives you incredible separation without turning into a clumpy mess.
ReplyDeleteThanks =) I like the photos too and the pink clouds are so cute <3 Thanks a lot.
ReplyDeleteI'm really happy about that win, M. Asam is such a good brand and I can't wait to do a make up with it =) Thank you.
Thanks =) Yes the shirt is amazing, I love it.
Oh that's so cute, thank you <3 Yes it was a busy week :D
Great review, this mascara looks interesting and it reminds me of the 90s :D
It sounds good that it's separating the lashes. But it's a little bit sad that it's more black than brown.