Thursday, April 30, 2015

barbie lenses from lensvillage


There is something exciting about trying new things. Especially when it comes to beauty. As you know by now, I am all about testing new makeup, trying new brands, and incorporating new products into my day to day routine. But something I have never tried? Coloured contact lenses. This is something I have always wanted to check off of my wish list. More specifically? Blue contacts. Naturally, my eyes are a mix between blue and green. Sometimes they look sort of blue-ish and other times they look super green. I always wondered what it would be like to have straight up blue eyes. Especially because my twin brother has the most incredible blue eyes ever! 

I remember being in high school, asking my parents if I could have coloured contacts. They said no, no, and no again. Alas! Now that I am older, coloured contacts are still something I have thought about trying time and time again. I just hadn't taken the plunge yet. Until now. I was lucky enough to try a gorgeous pair from LensVillage. They have a massive selection of circle lenses to choose from. There were so many different styles, colours, and designs to choose from. It was amazing! 

What did I order? The Barbie Ash Blue Lens. That vibrant blue shade instantly caught my eye. I couldn't wait for them to arrive - or to try them out. Ready to take a look at my new lenses from LensVillage? Here goes....


The lenses were well packaged and came with a large contact case. Definitely a plus! Something else I really loved? In person, the lenses looked exactly as they did on the website. That was a major sigh of relief. There is nothing I hate more than ordering one thing and having something totally different arrive. LensVillage definitely delivers in that regard. Now for the actual experience. I found the lenses easy to put on and wear - and they were quite comfortable. I had no issues whatsoever. 

Now for the appearance. Let me just say, I am obsessed with these lenses! They can completely change my look in an instant. The colour is so beautiful. I had spent so many years wondering what it would be like to have blue eyes and know I know. That in itself was super exciting. Honestly? I just love these lenses. They made me feel like a million bucks. It was so fun being able to experiment with my look. I think that is the best thing about coloured contacts. You get to have fun and do something different. 

So without further ado, here are some pictures of me wearing my Barbie Ash Blue Lenses from LensVillage!


Overall I was very happy with my experience. The lenses arrived quickly, were well packaged, easy to wear, and looked great. What more could I possibly ask for? It was wonderful to try out coloured contacts....and enjoy having blue eyes for a while! For more information on LensVillage, be sure to check out their website www.lensvillage.com.

Have you tried coloured contacts or circle lenses? What was your experience like?

xo Shannon

20 comments:

  1. Shannon thse lenses look absolutely stunning on you! No I haven't tried any of thse. Maybe I should give it a go, it looks super super cute.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried so many pairs of circle lenses
    I love it the effect of these on your eyes are very pretty
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and thank you so much for your support!! I deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Nice post. Smile, Face and Location is Beautiful....
    Beleave or Not your face so quite & smile is so heart..........
    http://toptrends-Fashion.blogspot.com
    [[Related My Another Popular Meditation Blog]]
    http://meditationuk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this kind of lens, but I'd really like to do!
    Kisses
    Diana
    The Spiral D
    Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... wonderful result on your eyes!!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. ;)

    Adorei essa lente. Quero pra mim!

    Ótima sexta!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try colored contacts sooooo bad

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each other??

    Blog: http://missunderstoodstyle.blogspot.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Understood-Style/1404591476502298?ref=hl

    Waiting for you darling!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great with those lens! I cannot imagine myself trying the normal ones, so it's the same with the colourful lens... it's a shame :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous :D

    Hello dear, I’m an italian blogger and what do you think to follow each other here and on the other social networks? Thank you so much! Let me know when you follow me and I’ll follow back.
    Giada, blogger of Being Over the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Essas lentes ficam-te bem! =)

    http://danielasilvayellowworld.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look Striking! I have tried colored lenses at some point of time and they are good for changing your once in a while.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~ Seepz
    www.savoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wooops...super sexy eyes sweets..i am gonna try this site.
    follow you, hope you do the same.

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, dear, thank you for visiting my blog. Pls, keep in touch, dear.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they are so vibrant! They look amazing on you :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really u are looking as a doll.I love your blue eyes.

    http://www.trendin.com/online-shopping-in-india_3

    ReplyDelete