Friday, November 21, 2014

treat your makeup like jewellery for the face.


My brush collection started off small. I mean really small. During the first few years of my foray into the makeup world, I owned one foundation brush and a bunch of those sponge-tip applicators. You know, the ones that come with eyeshadow quads? That was it. Needless to say, putting on my makeup was no easy feat. Despite this, I didn't think I needed more brushes. Over the years, that changed. These days, I have more than a few brushes in my collection - and I like it that way. Having a variety to choose from makes it easier for me to achieve multiple makeup looks.

Each brush in my collection has a different function. Sure, they can be used however you like....but they are specifically designed to handle one task. Like my angled brow brush. Or my pointed pencil brush. They work to make application straightforward and precise. I have come to love each and every one of my makeup brushes. After all, I rely on them every single day!

Not sure which brushes you need? Don't know what each brush actually does? That's okay. You can learn the basics in just a few short minutes. The Salon Outlet has come up with a handy guide to makeup brushes. Take a look for yourself:


Do you have all of the brushes on this list? I do - and then some. I think it's important to start with the basics and build your collection from there. Now that I have a few sets of brushes at my disposal, I have actively had to stop myself from buying more. (That can be tricky when the brushes are pretty or have a really cool handle!) Until the ones I have start to become worn or need to be replaced...I think I'm good!

We all have those brushes that we use over and over again. Personally, my favourite brushes are: my large stippling brush, my fluffy eyeshadow brush, and my contour brush. They make my life a whole lot easier in the morning!

What are your favourite brushes? Do you have a brand that you prefer?

xo Shannon

14 comments:

  1. Having the right tools does make applying your makeup so much easier! I think MAC brushes are my all time favorite!
    -Monica
    Shimmering Image

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tried many different brand but i still dont like using brush for my foundation....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I use brushes real techniques or brushes sephora or brushes received in beauty store as gift...I want to try mac brushes!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title of this post, Shannon! My absolute must-haves are an angled eye shadow brush and a concealer brush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot live without concealer brush..Lovely post..Keep In touch dear..hugs
    rampdiary / My art Blog / Beauty and fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do have all types of brush collection too
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the tips!
    Just followed you! :) Kisses*

    allthatweseeisjustadreamwithinadream.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Shannon, well I do have all of the above but I still apply my foundation with the beauty blender, there ain't nothing that can beat that sponge imho.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the title.. The brushes are amazing with such a beautiful color!
    Keeo sharing!

    xoxo,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just 4 brushes :)

    http://byfoxygreen.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete