Tuesday, December 3, 2013

introducing: the leith clark collection from warby parker

I've always been a fan of retro styles. As far as I'm concerned, the 1960s are the epitome of glamour and sophistication. So, when I heard about the Leith Clark collection from Warby Parker, I was instantly intrigued. This brand new collection of glasses and sunglasses take inspiration from the 60s. Think nerdy chic done perfectly right. Since I am loving the collection so much, I thought I would tell you a little bit more about it - and show you some of my favourite designs, of course!

If you don't already know about Leith Clark, she is known for her work in Harper's Bazaar UK, Italian Vogue editorials, and Lula magazine, which she founded. As I mentioned before, the collection itself features 60s inspired glasses and sunglasses: Marva, Greta, Aurora, Wednesday, and Willow...and they all come in super cute colours! Not only is this collection ridiculously stylish, but it pays it forward. For each pair of glasses sold, another pair is given to someone in need. In addition, a percentage of the sales will go to the United Nations Foundation, Girl Up.

"I like the 1960s, librarians, nerdy girls. 
I like glasses you had when you were a kid - 
or that your dad wore when you were a kid - 
and wearing them now." 
- Leith Clark

Ready to see some more of the gorgeous designs? Here goes!


Pictured above are the Wednesday design sunglasses and the Aurora design optical glasses. I absolutely love these styles! The vintage cat-eye style of the Wednesday glasses, paired with that super chic purple lens? Stunning! And the Aurora glasses are utterly flawless. They remind me of when I was little, watching re-runs of old TV shows, and wishing that life still looked like that. I have to say - the Aurora glasses are my ideal style. Nerdy but sweet and charming. It's such a great combination.

Another one of my favourites? The Greta style sunglasses. This circular style is bold, without being too over the top. It's fun, flirty, and has tons of charm. I just love the crystal frames against those purple lenses. They look fantastic! This style also comes as optical glasses as well, but I confess, I have a major weakness for the sunglasses. Take a look for yourself:


Overall, I have to say: I love this collection! It brings older styles to the forefront of current fashion...and that is downright exciting. I'm sure that you will all love these designs as much as I do.

To check out more from the Leith Clark collection from Warby Parker, be sure to head to their website! You can browse the collection of sunglasses and eyeglasses starting today.

What do you think of the Leith Clark glasses collection?

xo Shannon

25 comments:

  1. they are super fun! i don't know if i could pull them off, but maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable designs!!!!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh these are lovely, I love eyewear =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool eye wear, love them !
    I would like to invite you to please participate in my International Giveaway from Sammy Dress !

    International Giveaway from Sammy Dress
    Feisty Fox Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazed me! Really love this glasses! Looks great! Thanks for your sharing and posting!
    Have a nice day!


    http://www.aekk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retro cat-eyes, so friggin' chic! Love the rotund shades as well...oman decisions decisions!

    Thank you for the blog visit love! Would love to get your thoughts on my latest!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh those glasses are cute! I wear glasses most of the time and I adore those white ones <3

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful...I like the way they advertise them...The photos have such a nice atmosphere....

    Have a nice day dear
    Chadlen
    http://chezmoibychadlen.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Warby Parker! They have so many amazing designer eyewear. I love the vintage design from that collection, so classic. :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,could you please take a look at my new blog?I would really appreciate if you follow me and I’ll follow you back too(just send me your link) …thank you in advance for your time …hope to see you soon…
    Afashionistastateofmind.blogspot.com
    Btw your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are awesome! Love that Vintage Style!!!

    Love Kyra
    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are super cute my dear! Love love them <3
    xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collection!! I love those round glasses!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your blog!
    Follow each other? let me know xoxo

    fashion-and-thecity.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dark pair =)
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this collection, i choose black pair :)
    great post :)
    http://valentinaclothedanew.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely collection! Definitely will buy a pair :3
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice collection dear...so lovely...i follow you via gfc and g+...kisses
    METAMORPHOSE CONCEPT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kisses my boo!

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a big fan of eye-wear. Glasses, sunglasses doesn't matter, I love'em all!:) These are truly cool I like the plastic a la 70-ies frames

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous collection x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete