Thursday, February 7, 2013

what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.

When I choose what to wear, I base everything on mood. How do I feel? What aspect of my personality do I want to show the world today? Some days I feel powerful and bold. Others, I feel sexy and dynamic. Sometimes I feel sweet and flirty, and other times, I feel like looking elegant and sophisticated.

It is important to have the right dresses to represent the many different aspects of our personalities. In collaboration with House of Fraser, I have come up with four looks inspired by different styles I love the most. These dresses are gorgeous and memorable...they are also the perfect way to show the world how you're feeling today!

The Trendsetter:
The first of these lovely dresses, is a mustard coloured dress from Mary Portas. I fell in love with the bold colour, and that gorgeous twist detail at the waist. For the rest of the look, I paired this dress with edgy accessories, and pops of cobalt blue. The makeup is all about the cheeks! A blush with a hint of orange, a nude lip, and some seriously dramatic eyeliner is all you'll need to pull this look together.

All Eyes On You:
The next of the dresses, is a gorgeous TFNC patterned dress with sequined details. I love how fun and outgoing this gown is, while the cut is quite classic. With that in mind, I wanted to play up the outgoing nature of this look. I went with some seriously killer heels, simple but chunky jewellery, and super dramatic, glittery eye makeup. This look is attention-grabbing for all the right reasons!

Perfectly Lovely:
This dress from Therapy is close to my heart. I love sweet, classic dresses like this, especially with a gorgeous beaded Peter Pan collar! To complete this outfit from head to toe, I opted for Oxford boots and a leather satchel, with classic and sweet accessories - like a cameo ring and a heart link bracelet. Makeup for this look is super easy, with the perfect wine coloured lipstick to pull everything together. 

A Night To Remember:
The last dress I am going to show you, is my favourite. This absolutely stunning evening gown is from Untold. I love everything about this dress - from the beaded details that drip down the dress, to that perfectly placed waist band....this is my dream dress at the moment! When it came to accessorizing this, I wanted to keep the accessories sophisticated and simple. Less is more! The makeup should be warm and soft - I opted for peachy tones over a statement red lip. I am loving this look for a special evening!

Head to House of Fraser to search their collection of amazing dresses. You won't be disappointed!

Which of these dresses do you like best?

xo Shannon

44 comments:

  1. Love the first look but the third dress is gorgeous too!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burgundy dress
    && the D&G lip stick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Good post! precious information! :)
    checkout our GIVEAWAY:

    http://theduplicity.blogspot.pt/

    with love,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first look is my favorite but I also like the burgundy dress.

    Valeria
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look beautiful! And I totally agree with the title

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Perfectly Lovely! :)

    cllrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. eveything looks lovely....

    http://tcompah@blogspot.com/

    visit me sometime

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all of them, especially Perfectly Lovely!

    xxLiora
    lioraatsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie :) lovely blog maybe we can follow from gfc and bloglovin? :) let me know
    New post is up on my blog
    oxoxoxo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great post, I love the looks, especially the last and penultimate! I have published a post the amfAR Gala in New York! I follow your blog :) You can follow me on:

    http://kate-rose-blair.blogspot.com.es/

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the 3rd for a day look and 4th for a evening look! Great post! :)

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all but"A Night to Remember' has to be my fave especially with Valentine's Dyy around the corner!
    x
    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the last dress best. It's very elegant and fashion. I will go to wholesale central to choose one. Appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the dresses, and the tarte amazonian clay blush too :)


    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty selections! I dress according to my mood. I love the 'A night to remember' set, what a great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want the red dress and the union jack clutch!! :) i want to own a Alexander McQueen union jack clutch so badly, i just wish it doesn't cost thousands of dollars! great picks hun, i'm loving the outfits :)

    I hope you're having a beautiful day ~ XO
    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The yellow drrss is sooooooo HOT I have to have it.. in fact the whole outfit you put together is amazing

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the third mix and match :D



    Cheers,

    Yulia Rahmawati

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfectly lovely is really perfectly lovely.. Xx

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey again sweetheart,
    I really love this post. My favourite is the Perfectly Lovely one, it's the outfit I'd feel most comfortable in I think. I bought 2 skater dresses like that red one today as well! Coinsidence!
    Hope you've had a lovely day and looking forward to your next post
    Take care, Sarah
    x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. COOL LOOK

    I'M FOLLOWING YOU, VISIT ME ON

    http://poprockandcokes.blogspot.com.es/

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post!! Love the perfectly lovely.Do you want to follow each other? Let me know. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd likely look the best in the first look... would go with the hair and everything ;) That being said, I can't get over the sequined Peter Pan collar on the burgundy dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. omg, I love the last two! my favourite is definitely the peterpan collar though- so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this second dress <3 is awesome - perfect outfits

    ReplyDelete
  26. They're all so fabulous! Perfectly Lovely is so me.
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice outfits :)
    www.okomody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the dress of All eyes on you! But also the last one is perfect!

    NEW POST!

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. I lov love love the 'lovely one' I need these shoes in my life :)

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. i am in love!!! so so so pretty all this ones. thanks for visit me and comm. i am following u, please follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love those looks and I'm perfectly agree with the title of your post <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. the last two are my fave,great post hunny hav a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. great outfits xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. In love with that gold dress!
    Www.MissCcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely choice of dresses and lovely blog. Please let me know if you would like to follow each other. <3

    xx Cherrycandykiss | Vodka & Candy

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both are important you must know what suits you best, One thing that might look good on would not look as better on the other.. :)

    Latest Fashion Trends

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really am obsessing over that last look!! wooow stunning gown!


    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete